Click here for high res picture ...
The Parallax Compass is a dual-axis magnetic field sensor built around the Hitachi HM55B. Parallax makes this compass accessible by providing their surface-mount sensor chip with a 3V onboard voltage regulator and resistor protection in a 0.3 wide 6-pin DIP module. The HM55B is compatible with the BASIC Stamps 5V supply and signal levels. Compass date is read using a simple synchronous serial interface (the BASIC Stamps SHIFTIN and SHIFTOUT commands).
- Sensitive to microtesla (T) variations in magnetic field strength.
- Simplifies direction by resolving magnetic field measurements into two components axes.
- 8-bit angular resolution +/- 1 brad after calibration.
- Only 30 to 40 ms between start measurement and data-ready with simple synchronous serial interface.
- Built-in resistor protection for data pins eliminates bus conflict risks.
- Compact and breadboard-friendly 0.3 inch, 6-pin DIP package.
- Mobile and walking robot direction sensor
- Handheld electronic compass
- Weathervane indicator for remote weather stations
- Audible compass for the vision impaired.
- Automotive electronic compass.
|Brand's Part Number:||29123|