Click here for high res picture ...
The VPN1513 GPS Receiver Module provides a fully open source and customizable GPS Receiver solution for your microcontroller projects. The VPN1513 uses a SiRF Star III chipset capable of tracking up to 20 satellites. The module supports both raw output mode for raw NMEA 0183 strings and the default smart mode for specific user-selected data through a serial interface.
The VPN1513 GPS Receiver Module also features a Propeller co-processor for easy interface with any BASIC Stamp 2 module. The Propeller is also fully reprogrammable and includes access to all 32 IO pins, allowing the GPS Receiver Module to be easily transformed into a standalone device.
Robotic navigation & positioning
- Track up to 20 satellites
- Fast satellite acquisition time
- High tracking sensitivity (-159 dBm)
- Navigation update rate of once per second
- Position accuracy of +/- 10 meters; 2D RMS +/ 5 meters
- Velocity accuracy of +/- 0.1 meters per second
- Maximum altitude of 18,000 meters
- Propeller co-processor allows for easy transition to a standalone device
- Onboard LED for satellite acquisition feedback
- 9 ft. external antenna w/ MCX connector included
- Battery-backed SRAM & RTC
- Fully Open Source design
- Power requirements: 5 VDC @ 80mA
- Communication: Asynchronous serial, 9600 bps
- Dimensions: 1.85 x 1.80 x 0.35 in (4.7 x 4.57 x 0.90 cm)
- Operating temp range: -22 to +185 F (-30 to +85 C)
|Brand's Part Number:||28506|
This product has been replaced by
VPN1513 GPS Receiver w/ Antenna.