Click here for high res picture ...
The C3 is a true Credit-Cardsized Computer that augments the Propeller chip with a number of onboard peripherals to facilitate large scale and complex applications.
Designed in cooperation with Nurve Networks LLC and Andr LaMothe, the Propeller C3 is the newest Propeller-based application platform from Parallax. Ready to support a wide array of peripherals, this system is ideal for industrial control, monitoring systems, high-level languages, robotics, gaming, and more.
The C3 was designed to be compatible with other Propeller-based development boards such as the Propeller Demo Board and the HYDRA, so porting applications is a snap. Additionally, the C3 uses a novel SPI bus design that allows all the onboard peripherals to be accessed with a single SPI bus (3 signals) along with chip-select logic (2 signals) that supports up to 8 devices in total. Thus, the IO impact of all the onboard peripherals is minimal.
The Propeller C3 Board is available in two packages alone as the (#32209) Propeller C3 Board and in the Propeller C3 Full Kit (#32205)
- Multicore Propeller P8X32A-Q44 with 5.00 MHz socketed crystal to upgrade for over-clocking experiments
- 64 KB Propeller boot EEPROM holds boot image plus 32 KB extra for data
- Supports USB or external wall adapter power sources
- Dual high-current 1.5 A, 3.3/5 V voltage regulators with heavy filtering
- VGA port with multiplexing logic to reuse IOs
- RCA Video/Audio ports for NTSC/PAL composite video
PS/2 port for keyboard or mouse
- 1 MB SPI FLASH memory
- 2-channel Microchip MCP3202 SPI A/D converter with 12-bit resolution
- (2) Microchip 32K x 8 bit SPI SRAMs
- MicroSD card w/SPI interface
- 2 x 16 headers exporting generous IO and system signals
- (4) 3-wire servo port headers to directly drive servos from the Propeller
- Ultra-compact credit-cardsized PCB footprint: 3 x 2.175 in (75.9 x 55.2 mm)
- (4) Break-away mounting tabs, removable if not needed
- Open source hardware & software design
Slick black and white industrial design sure to be the envy of all your friends.
- Power requirements: 7.512 VDC, 300+ mA 2.1mm center-positive supply; OR power via high-power USB, hub port preferred
- Communication/Interface: USB, GPIO, microSD card
- Dimensions (without tabs): 3.0 x 2.175 (75.9 x 55.2 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 F (-40 to +85 C)
Caution: Do Not connect to USB and external power at the same time.
|Brand's Part Number:||32209|