Click here for high res picture ...
The 5-Position Switch is a normally open contact switch that provides directional output to your project.
This switch has a nice snappy feel, and returns to the center/un-pressed position immediately when it is released. By monitoring the input state of five pins, its easy for any Parallax microcontroller to detect whether the switch is in the up, down, left, right, or pressed position. It is possible for more than one position to make contact at a time, such as pressed+right, left+down, or pressed+right+down, for a total of 18 input states.
- 8-pin DIP module is ready for breadboard or through-hole projects
- 10 k pull-up resistor included on each positional pin
- Simple communication with any microcontroller including the Basic Stamp, Propeller or Arduino.
- Power requirements: Supply voltage = output signal voltage. Set supply voltage for compatibility with your microcontroller's inputs
- Communication: Single bit high/low output for each position
- Dimensions: 0.70 x 0.95 x 0.78 in (17.8 x 24.1 x 19.8 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158F (0 to +70C)
|Brand's Part Number:||27801|