Click here for high res picture ...
The Digital Commander Deluxe is a Complete & Ready-to-Run Electric Train Set from Bachmann that features NMRA DCC standard digital controls. DCC allows multiple engines to be operated independently on one set of tracks for more interesting and realistic train operation. Advanced DCC accessories (not included) allow for digital control of track switches, sounds and accessories, allowing almost unlimited capabilities for animated models.
This is an HO Scale set. The rail width is about 3/4" and the basic circle is about 3 feet in diameter. A basic loop of track just barely fits on a typical living room table. The E-Z Track system includes a plastic base that looks like gravel ballast and brings the track width to almost 2". It is solid enough to stay reasonably "put" where you place it and snaps solidly together.
This Bachmann starter set features the advanced nickle-silver E-Z track rail system which provides maximum track configuration options. In addition to traditional manual and remote switch controlled track turnouts, you can also utilize DCC controlled turnouts which are operated from your DCC throttle.
- A large 56" x 38" oval track layout (with switch and siding) of snap-fit E-Z Track with nickel silver rails on molded gray roadbed.
- The Santa Fe GP40 (#3507) and FT-A diesel locomotives are all-wheel drive & DCC-equipped with 28/128 speed step decoders that are factory-programmed to address button 3 on NMRA-compliant DCC systems.
- The Bachmann E-Z Command Digital Command Control System incorporates the latest digital technology that's easy to use, with one-button, on-track programming.
- Plug-and-play compatibility with all DC and DCC systems
- 2/128 speed step control
- 100% backwards-compatible with standard DC (non-digital)
- With the DCC On Board technology, you can digitally control the direction, speed, and lighting of multiple locomotives in N, HO, and On30 Scale.
- 3 accurately molded freight cars with blackened metal wheels and prototypical paint schemes:
- 40' Open Quad Hopper
- 50' Plug-Door Box Car
- 36' Extended Vision Caboose
- Locomotive and all cars come equipped with Bachmann's exclusive E-Z Mate Mark II Magnetic knuckle couplers with metal coil springs
- 1 amp AC wall pack power supply and plug-in wiring for the command control center.
- Written and DVD format video instructions.
Whats In The Box?
- (2) Diesel Engines
- (1) Terminal Rerailer
- (3) Freight Cars
- (1) Hayes Bumper
- (12) Curved Track
- (1) Digital Command Center
- (4) Straight Track
- (1) Power Pack
- (1) Manual Left Turnout
- (1) Under Track Magnet
|Brand's Part Number:||00501|
|Manufacturer's Recommended Ages:||14+|